“Stop comparing your progress to others, it minimizes the challenges you’ve overcome.” @unsinkable
Mighty M0use for Mental Health
By Anita Manley
I have noticed a commonality among friends, family and acquaintances. Those who compare themselves to others are less joyful, or even miserable as a result.
In fact, comparing ourselves to others is something we all tend to do at some point. Here are some examples:
- The friend who says (not jokingly), I’ll trade you places, you can live at my home and I’ll live in yours.
- The neighbour who thinks you have so many more friends than they do.
- The family member who compares their “meager” earnings for hard work to your executive salary, or your government job with a pension.
- The acquaintance who envies your car, boat and/or cottage.
- The friend who has several health problems and wishes they were as healthy as you are.
Comparison is truly the thief of JOY. The truth is you are ALWAYS going to find others in your life who…
View original post 236 more words